A Perfect Gift Option!
Your gift subscription gives complete access to the Hallowed Waters Journal Library for one full year (from the date you subscribe).
Please click on this link to download a printable gift certificate in PDF format to surprise your angling enthusiast!
Subscribing to our online magazine will give you complete access to the Hallowed Waters Journal Library for one full year (from the date you subscribe).
Our accolade winning and amazing in-depth issues full of sumptuous photography, fly patterns and extensive tactical information for you to read and re-read over and over. We treat each topic and article as a mini-bible on the subject that will have you explore your passion and journey for trout / salmon / steelhead fly fishing and re-think your relationship with your fly addiction forever!
No other magazine has the content and depth as Hallowed Waters Journal- find out what you have been missing and purchase today!
A full Preview Issue of Hallowed Waters Journal can be enjoyed on a variety of devices for free by clicking on the magazine cover above… or the button below.
LISTEN TO MATT’S FREE PODCAST!
Journal all Year!
Elevate your angling mind with an arsenal of tactical presentations and flies for Trout / Salmon / Steelhead.
What our subscribers are saying…
“This first issue is superb beyond what I expected for a launch. The organization, layout, design and editorial view is destined for awards and the highest regards of critical angling readers.
Today, most people are mere shortcuts of full lives,; they read signage and phone screens, and that’s about all. Hallowed Waters is a gift for thinkers and may even rescue a few shortcuts.
I am pleased you asked me to contribute.”
Deep, theoretical thinking
“Instead of waiting for another one of his excellent books (of which there many), Matthew Supinski has dove into new wave publishing with an online quarterly magazine.
Hallowed Waters: The Trout, Salmon, Steelhead Passion As It Was Meant To Be is sure to delve into the deep, theoretical thinking that he has become known for. Preview his first edition now!”
“I knew Matt and Laurie Supinski would produce a wonderful online magazine, and I was thrilled with the result of their efforts and creativity.
Imagine reading an artfully written article and enjoying the beautiful photos, all without the distraction of ads placed upon every page. Fine content presented as it should be, as the center of attention. Bravo!”
Best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read!
“Hallowed Waters is far and away the best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read. It’s what fly fishing was meant to be. The photography is spectacular!”
Pure unfiltered brilliance
“This Journal is pure unfiltered brilliance. Supinski takes it to the next level here.
Are you bored with dry, watered down ‘Where, When and How’, instruction manuals? Are you the fisherman who accepts there is more to learn?
In this journal, let Matt guide you one step closer to the rabbit hole, that is this unconquerable sport.”
The Ebb and Flow Blog
Articles by Editor/Publisher Matthew Supinski:
- What’s in our Spring Issue of Hallowed Waters-lots to love!Our new spring issue has 250 pages of luscious content and stunning images celebrating the rite of spring and the annual trout opener that has been celebrated in history and paid homage to in classic writings like in John Voelker’s “Trout Madness”. We invite you to come and subscribe and see what the buzz has been about and why so many are loving Hallowed Waters Journal. First off there is […]
- T-Time-the Terrestrial Trout Infatuation( Cover image- A gorgeous brown that engulphed a Morrish hopper on a stunning Wyoming spring creek in the blistering heat for hopper mad Greg Senyo) Many trout anglers look at the dog days of summer with disdain. Gone are the big mayfly hatches of May and June when savage beastly browns, brooks and bows annihilated dry flies and acted like pigs in a trough. No longer are the rivers […]
- Trico-licity-The White Curse that’s a Dry Fly BlessingThe early chalk stream English school called the hatch the “white curse”. When Halford and G.S. Marryat hung out and fished the hallowed waters of the River Test, they often pulled up chairs by the Ghillie’s Huts and told tales of fish lost, fish selective and uncatchable, but always with fine brews, a dram of whiskey and some of the Ghillie’s smoked eel and salmon that came up the lower […]
- Anthropomorphisms to Brown Trout?-Drug Junkie Butter!Brown trout (Salmo trutta) are the closest thing in the true fish world that resemble dog behavior other than their cousins Salmo salar and besides mammalian dolphins and orcas. Their intelligence (be carful author!-trout do not poses intelligence but have instinctual behavior) has always baffled me. In my “Selectivity” and “Brown Trout-Atlantic Salmon Nexus” books I have always been criticized by my editors for putting too many human attributes (anthropomorphisms […]
- The Atlantic Salmon “Missing at Sea” Dilemma-Maybe Better Understood( Fresh dime bright and still dripping sea lice Salmo Salar-Lax-A Iceland image https://www.lax-a.net/author/arni/page/4/) Hallowed Waters Journal is a big proponent of Atlantic salmon fly fishing. There is nothing more pure and sensational than to watch an Atlantic salmon take a dry fly or chase a swinging fly on the spey. We are in constant search of information as to why all the populations/runs on the planet are in great […]