A Perfect Gift Option!
Your gift subscription gives complete access to the Hallowed Waters Journal Library for one full year (from the date you subscribe).
Please click on this link to download a printable gift certificate in PDF format to surprise your angling enthusiast!
Subscribing to our online magazine will give you complete access to the Hallowed Waters Journal Library for one full year (from the date you subscribe).
Our accolade winning and amazing in-depth issues full of sumptuous photography, fly patterns and extensive tactical information for you to read and re-read over and over. We treat each topic and article as a mini-bible on the subject that will have you explore your passion and journey for trout / salmon / steelhead fly fishing and re-think your relationship with your fly addiction forever!
No other magazine has the content and depth as Hallowed Waters Journal- find out what you have been missing and purchase today!
A full Preview Issue of Hallowed Waters Journal can be enjoyed on a variety of devices for free by clicking on the magazine cover above… or the button below.
LISTEN TO MATT’S FREE PODCAST!
Journal all Year!
Elevate your angling mind with an arsenal of tactical presentations and flies for Trout / Salmon / Steelhead.
What our subscribers are saying…
“This first issue is superb beyond what I expected for a launch. The organization, layout, design and editorial view is destined for awards and the highest regards of critical angling readers.
Today, most people are mere shortcuts of full lives,; they read signage and phone screens, and that’s about all. Hallowed Waters is a gift for thinkers and may even rescue a few shortcuts.
I am pleased you asked me to contribute.”
Deep, theoretical thinking
“Instead of waiting for another one of his excellent books (of which there many), Matthew Supinski has dove into new wave publishing with an online quarterly magazine.
Hallowed Waters: The Trout, Salmon, Steelhead Passion As It Was Meant To Be is sure to delve into the deep, theoretical thinking that he has become known for. Preview his first edition now!”
“I knew Matt and Laurie Supinski would produce a wonderful online magazine, and I was thrilled with the result of their efforts and creativity.
Imagine reading an artfully written article and enjoying the beautiful photos, all without the distraction of ads placed upon every page. Fine content presented as it should be, as the center of attention. Bravo!”
Best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read!
“Hallowed Waters is far and away the best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read. It’s what fly fishing was meant to be. The photography is spectacular!”
Pure unfiltered brilliance
“This Journal is pure unfiltered brilliance. Supinski takes it to the next level here.
Are you bored with dry, watered down ‘Where, When and How’, instruction manuals? Are you the fisherman who accepts there is more to learn?
In this journal, let Matt guide you one step closer to the rabbit hole, that is this unconquerable sport.”
The Ebb and Flow Blog
Articles by Editor/Publisher Matthew Supinski:
- In Search of Pasta-The Ecstasy and AgonyTHE EPICUREAN FORAGER – FOOD AND SPIRITS-HALLOWED WATERS JOURNAL Story and Images by Matthew Supinski My pasta love affair took hold at a young age and just continues to blossom. An obsession and passion almost as severe as the one I have for trout, steelhead and Atlantic salmon. Luckily for parentally bestowed genetics and my ectomorphic physique and athleticism, my waistline doesn’t blossom with my carbohydrate craze. The desire to […]
- COLD STONEDBy official decree of the Trout Gods the Plecopteran spring has officially sprung! Hence the EBS meniscus emergency rescue service has arrived. As another sunless dreary winter seems to be a thing of the past I never knew what a soul and sanity rescuing service the hatch of Early Black Stoneflies and Skwala could bring. They are the equivalent of a foreboding spring as are the first robins sighted and […]
- Chasing Marinaro’s Big Spring- Wild Trout Utopian Dreams still in LimboIt was as pure and Utopian a wild brook trout sanctuary that could ever exist. The watercress and fine gravel laden vodka clear waters were a fly fisher’s dream of perfection. But where did it all go wrong? What is left today is sad and brings a tear to your eyes. A trout stream must have trout in it. When you have countless runs and pools void of trout, or so few and far between, is that progress? Our Utopian agendas to fix things dont always go as planned…“Man’s Utopian dreams get circumvented through compromise and disappointment into a tolerable reality.” ― Stewart Stafford
- MICROMANAGING MINUTIAE-OVERCOMING TINY FLY PHOBIA( Though many of us love to fish dries and swinging wets, Midges and micro crustaceans are a trout’s bread and butter in the benthic bio drift in winter as pictured above. Thus entailing nymphing either traditional or Euro style. Though we tend to confuse midge larvae color with adults’ coloration on the surface, most midge larvae are a deep green or creamy olive in color. And occasionally bright red […]
- Autumn Caddis & The Trout and Steelhead of October( A gorgeous October Michigan rainbow- resident Eagle Lake California strain that Michigan has adopted- or Michigan strain steelhead that hasn’t smolted due to its stubbornness- you be the judge. Regardless, this 15 inch fish jumped chrome silver and put up a blistering fight on a 12 foot 3 weight trout spey rod) The New York Yankees used to be called the “Boys of October”. Since they always showed up […]