Just in time for the mayfly hatches and spring and summer silver, the new 258 page Hallowed Waters Journal is the most intense and beautiful venture into the passion and journey of the Trout/ Salmon/ Steelhead fly fishing experience. Filled with amazing featured writers and masters of the tactical fly fishing journey, beautifully done photography, science, fly tying, historical archives art, bamboo rod making, spey, books, ecological and entomological bug mastery and even a culinary showcase with recipes from the wooded foraging baskets – each piece of the 16 features is a mini- book which will fuel your passion and curiosity for the joys of angling and nature. For those who are yet to cast a fly rod and for those avid lovers of the sport your journey starts here. Subscribe today!
A full Preview Issue of Hallowed Waters Journal can be enjoyed on a variety of devices for free by clicking on the magazine cover above… or the button below.
LISTEN TO MATT’S
Journal all Year!
Elevate your angling mind with an arsenal of tactical presentations and flies for Trout / Salmon / Steelhead.
What our subscribers are saying…
“Matthew and Laurie Supinski have been crushing it with their latest creation, Hallowed Waters Journal- The Trout/Salmon/Steelhead Passion – A new standard has been delivered and is an innovation in design and content.”
“This first issue is superb beyond what I expected for a launch. The organization, layout, design and editorial view is destined for awards and the highest regards of critical angling readers.
Today, most people are mere shortcuts of full lives,; they read signage and phone screens, and that’s about all. Hallowed Waters is a gift for thinkers and may even rescue a few shortcuts.
I am pleased you asked me to contribute.”
Deep, theoretical thinking
“Instead of waiting for another one of his excellent books (of which there many), Matthew Supinski has dove into new wave publishing with an online quarterly magazine.
Hallowed Waters: The Trout, Salmon, Steelhead Passion As It Was Meant To Be is sure to delve into the deep, theoretical thinking that he has become known for. Preview his first edition now!”
“I knew Matt and Laurie Supinski would produce a wonderful online magazine, and I was thrilled with the result of their efforts and creativity.
Imagine reading an artfully written article and enjoying the beautiful photos, all without the distraction of ads placed upon every page. Fine content presented as it should be, as the center of attention. Bravo!”
Best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read!
“Hallowed Waters is far and away the best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read. It’s what fly fishing was meant to be. The photography is spectacular!”
Pure unfiltered brilliance
“This Journal is pure unfiltered brilliance. Supinski takes it to the next level here.
Are you bored with dry, watered down ‘Where, When and How’, instruction manuals? Are you the fisherman who accepts there is more to learn?
In this journal, let Matt guide you one step closer to the rabbit hole, that is this unconquerable sport.”
The Ebb and Flow Blog
Articles by Editor/Publisher Matthew Supinski:
- Trico-licity-The White Curse that’s a Dry Fly BlessingThe early chalk stream English school called the hatch the “white curse”. When Halford and G.S. Marryat hung out and fished the hallowed waters of the River Test, they often pulled up chairs by the Ghillie’s Huts and told tales of fish lost, fish selective and uncatchable, but always with fine brews, a dram of whiskey and some of the Ghillie’s smoked eel and salmon that came up the lower […]
- Anthropomorphisms to Brown Trout?-Drug Junkie Butter!Brown trout (Salmo trutta) are the closest thing in the true fish world that resemble dog behavior other than their cousins Salmo salar and besides mammalian dolphins and orcas. Their intelligence (be carful author!-trout do not poses intelligence but have instinctual behavior) has always baffled me. In my “Selectivity” and “Brown Trout-Atlantic Salmon Nexus” books I have always been criticized by my editors for putting too many human attributes (anthropomorphisms […]
- The Atlantic Salmon “Missing at Sea” Dilemma-Maybe Better Understood( Fresh dime bright and still dripping sea lice Salmo Salar-Lax-A Iceland image https://www.lax-a.net/author/arni/page/4/) Hallowed Waters Journal is a big proponent of Atlantic salmon fly fishing. There is nothing more pure and sensational than to watch an Atlantic salmon take a dry fly or chase a swinging fly on the spey. We are in constant search of information as to why all the populations/runs on the planet are in great […]
- Iso Time!-Big Mayflies for Big TroutThe Isonychia hatch is big bug mayfly magic in daylight hours- know this hatch from the benthic nymphs to the surface emergers and dries and you will score with your 20 inch plus dream trout!
- The Vexing Hex HatchThe late night Hex banter may go like this: “It’s on!…it’s off! “We need more heat and humidity”… ” This damn cold front is screwing the bugs up”…and always the should’ve been here talk: “had a ton of bugs in the air last night, it got cold too quick tonight”, …and as always the “too many bugs”, as your trusty hotshot wunderkind guide probably named Justin, Tyler or Dillon has […]