A subscription to Hallowed Waters Journal is the perfect gift! What a great way to share the passion for fly fishing for trout/salmon/steelhead as it was meant to be!
A full Preview Issue of Hallowed Waters Journal can be enjoyed on a variety of devices for free by clicking on the magazine cover above… or the button below.
Journal all Year!
Elevate your angling mind with an arsenal of tactical presentations and flies for Trout / Salmon / Steelhead.
What our subscribers are saying…
“This first issue is superb beyond what I expected for a launch. The organization, layout, design and editorial view is destined for awards and the highest regards of critical angling readers. Today, most people are mere shortcuts of full lives,; they read signage and phone screens, and that’s about all. Hallowed Waters is a gift for thinkers and may even rescue a few shortcuts. I am pleased you asked me to contribute.”
Deep, theoretical thinking
“Instead of waiting for another one of his excellent books (of which there many), Matthew Supinski has dove into new wave publishing with an online quarterly magazine.
Hallowed Waters: The Trout, Salmon, Steelhead Passion As It Was Meant To Be is sure to delve into the deep, theoretical thinking that he has become known for. Preview his first edition now!”
“I knew Matt and Laurie Supinski would produce a wonderful online magazine, and I was thrilled with the result of their efforts and creativity.
Imagine reading an artfully written article and enjoying the beautiful photos, all without the distraction of ads placed upon every page. Fine content presented as it should be, as the center of attention. Bravo!”
Best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read!
“Hallowed Waters is far and away the best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read. It’s what fly fishing was meant to be. The photography is spectacular!”
Pure unfiltered brilliance
“This Journal is pure unfiltered brilliance. Supinski takes it to the next level here.
Are you bored with dry, watered down ‘Where, When and How’, instruction manuals? Are you the fisherman who accepts there is more to learn?
In this journal, let Matt guide you one step closer to the rabbit hole, that is this unconquerable sport.”
The Ebb and Flow Blog
Articles by Editor/Publisher Matthew Supinski:
- THE SPRING ISSUE IS ALMOST HERE!It’s only days away!… the new mega-spring issue of Hallowed Waters Journal-it’s our best yet! Over 200 pages and stunning images, fly patterns and the tactical passion and hunt for trout/salmon/steelhead- the way fly fishing journals were meant and used to be! We pride ourselves with knowing we are providing the most comprehensive/in-depth content and scope possible, done with prose, reflection and analysis, archival knowledge and the natural science to […]
- In The Media-So Blessed!Can’t say how humbled and honored we are!…Thank you so much Kirk Deeter, honorable Editor at TROUT (TU) magazine, for giving us such an awesome review- it means everything to us! Means so much to Laurie who does the design/layout and I who tries to steer the ship in often uncharted waters. Plus we have been so blessed with what we have produced so far thanks to the so many […]
- Why our Steelhead Runs are Evolving-Nature & NurtureI loved playing ice hockey as a young boy. Being raise in a Polish/Austrian immigrant household and spending time in the motherland as well as my upbringing in Niagara /Buffalo; with a brief period in Niagara-on-the Lake /Ontario, before my parents could move to the states and become citizens, I already lived in three countries by the time I was 10. But there was two things common to all three. […]
- Winter Midging MagicThe art of minutiae and fly fishing takes you into a solace realm in the sport. Many are not to be bothered with small minuscule flies let alone see nor tie them! Plus tippet sizes of 6-7-8-9 X don’t hold larger trout well and one must be a true battle master to hold fish approaching 20 inches on this light terminal tackle. Yet as I slowly cruised down my tailwater […]
- HALLOWED WATERS YOUTH ACADEMYIt is so important to feature and promote our youth in fishing. The amount of our precious young ones getting into the outdoors with their moms and dads, grandparents and friends is so super awesome to see! And the passion they have for fishing and nature is at the highest level and gives us so much hope they will protect the planet ones us greedy, tainted old folks get out […]