A subscription to Hallowed Waters Journal is the perfect gift! What a great way to share the passion for fly fishing for trout/salmon/steelhead as it was meant to be!
A full Preview Issue of Hallowed Waters Journal can be enjoyed on a variety of devices for free by clicking on the magazine cover above… or the button below.
Journal all Year!
Elevate your angling mind with an arsenal of tactical presentations and flies for Trout / Salmon / Steelhead.
What our subscribers are saying…
“Matthew and Laurie Supinski have been crushing it with their latest creation, Hallowed Waters Journal- The Trout/Salmon/Steelhead Passion – A new standard has been delivered and is an innovation in design and content.”
“This first issue is superb beyond what I expected for a launch. The organization, layout, design and editorial view is destined for awards and the highest regards of critical angling readers.
Today, most people are mere shortcuts of full lives,; they read signage and phone screens, and that’s about all. Hallowed Waters is a gift for thinkers and may even rescue a few shortcuts.
I am pleased you asked me to contribute.”
Deep, theoretical thinking
“Instead of waiting for another one of his excellent books (of which there many), Matthew Supinski has dove into new wave publishing with an online quarterly magazine.
Hallowed Waters: The Trout, Salmon, Steelhead Passion As It Was Meant To Be is sure to delve into the deep, theoretical thinking that he has become known for. Preview his first edition now!”
“I knew Matt and Laurie Supinski would produce a wonderful online magazine, and I was thrilled with the result of their efforts and creativity.
Imagine reading an artfully written article and enjoying the beautiful photos, all without the distraction of ads placed upon every page. Fine content presented as it should be, as the center of attention. Bravo!”
Best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read!
“Hallowed Waters is far and away the best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read. It’s what fly fishing was meant to be. The photography is spectacular!”
Pure unfiltered brilliance
“This Journal is pure unfiltered brilliance. Supinski takes it to the next level here.
Are you bored with dry, watered down ‘Where, When and How’, instruction manuals? Are you the fisherman who accepts there is more to learn?
In this journal, let Matt guide you one step closer to the rabbit hole, that is this unconquerable sport.”
The Ebb and Flow Blog
Articles by Editor/Publisher Matthew Supinski:
- The Vexing Hex HatchThe late night Hex banter may go like this: “It’s on!…it’s off! “We need more heat and humidity”… ” This damn cold front is screwing the bugs up”…and always the should’ve been here talk: “had a ton of bugs in the air last night, it got cold too quick tonight”, …and as always the “too many bugs”, as your trusty hotshot wunderkind guide probably named Justin, Tyler or Dillon has […]
- What Happened to the Gray Drakes?-The Majesty and Travesty in One YearDrake mayflies are just one aquatic insect causality of climate change abnormalities. From epic flooding to epic droughts, these delicate mayflies don’t bode well from these extremes.
- It’s Mayfly time-but why the caddis fuss?Caddis are “climate change immune” aquatic insects trout are learning to relish with a predatory vengeance-learn how to fish them even when its mayfly season!
- Why We Dry Fly-The DNA of Fly FishingThe dry fly is to fly fishing what the ten commandments are to the bible. It is a religion , a lifestyle and obsession for those fly fishers that have embraced the deeper Zen and karma of our art and craft. Fly fishing; especially the dry fly pursuit, is not just another “action sport” like it is treated in the mainstream, glossed-over fly fishing media of today. Fly fishing is […]
- The Ultimate Sulphur PrimerIt started! Those magnificent and perhaps most delicate and beautiful of all the mayflies have begun their evening dance. In the words of Ernest Schwiebert, whose artistic and analytical prose aligned and complimented so perfectly with the bold and adventurous Chicago born icon who visited the Northwoods rivers of Michigan’s trout utopia; the one and only Hemingway himself, Schwiebert writes the following in his masterpiece opus “Nymphs”: “Yet when my […]