A subscription to Hallowed Waters Journal is the perfect gift! What a great way to share the passion for fly fishing for trout/salmon/steelhead as it was meant to be!
A full Preview Issue of Hallowed Waters Journal can be enjoyed on a variety of devices for free by clicking on the magazine cover above… or the button below.
Journal all Year!
Elevate your angling mind with an arsenal of tactical presentations and flies for Trout / Salmon / Steelhead.
What our subscribers are saying…
“This first issue is superb beyond what I expected for a launch. The organization, layout, design and editorial view is destined for awards and the highest regards of critical angling readers.
Today, most people are mere shortcuts of full lives,; they read signage and phone screens, and that’s about all. Hallowed Waters is a gift for thinkers and may even rescue a few shortcuts.
I am pleased you asked me to contribute.”
Deep, theoretical thinking
“Instead of waiting for another one of his excellent books (of which there many), Matthew Supinski has dove into new wave publishing with an online quarterly magazine.
Hallowed Waters: The Trout, Salmon, Steelhead Passion As It Was Meant To Be is sure to delve into the deep, theoretical thinking that he has become known for. Preview his first edition now!”
“I knew Matt and Laurie Supinski would produce a wonderful online magazine, and I was thrilled with the result of their efforts and creativity.
Imagine reading an artfully written article and enjoying the beautiful photos, all without the distraction of ads placed upon every page. Fine content presented as it should be, as the center of attention. Bravo!”
Best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read!
“Hallowed Waters is far and away the best fly fishing magazine I’ve ever read. It’s what fly fishing was meant to be. The photography is spectacular!”
Pure unfiltered brilliance
“This Journal is pure unfiltered brilliance. Supinski takes it to the next level here.
Are you bored with dry, watered down ‘Where, When and How’, instruction manuals? Are you the fisherman who accepts there is more to learn?
In this journal, let Matt guide you one step closer to the rabbit hole, that is this unconquerable sport.”
The Ebb and Flow Blog
Articles by Editor/Publisher Matthew Supinski:
- MICROMANAGING MINUTIAE-OVERCOMING TINY FLY PHOBIA( Though many of us love to fish dries and swinging wets, Midges and micro crustaceans are a trout’s bread and butter in the benthic bio drift in winter as pictured above. Thus entailing nymphing either traditional or Euro style. Though we tend to confuse midge larvae color with adults’ coloration on the surface, most midge larvae are a deep green or creamy olive in color. And occasionally bright red […]
- Autumn Caddis & The Trout and Steelhead of October( A gorgeous October Michigan rainbow- resident Eagle Lake California strain that Michigan has adopted- or Michigan strain steelhead that hasn’t smolted due to its stubbornness- you be the judge. Regardless, this 15 inch fish jumped chrome silver and put up a blistering fight on a 12 foot 3 weight trout spey rod) The New York Yankees used to be called the “Boys of October”. Since they always showed up […]
- The Season’s Closing-Blessed by Wild Trout Gems in Veiled Hallows“Small brooks make great rivers” (French Proverbs) Everything in the universe has a beginning and end. From a Nova, to Supernova to a Black Hole abyss, there is a transition. Except for the Almighty, if one chooses to believe; this is the one eternal spirit of the Alpha and Omega who’s being will last forever. But everything in nature that thrives in the beautiful feral state has its time-so it […]
- A FAREWELL TO THE CATSKILLS-YOUR WATERS ARE HALLOWED AND BLESSED!“When the German brown trout made its first Catskill debut, needless to say it was scorned for its shyness, stubborn demeanor and inability to “fill basket creels to the brim”. The thinking theoretical angler was ready to make its debut in the new world across the pond. Thus the time was ripe with the throngs of anglers who were ready for a sermon and solution to catch these wily Salmo […]
- Dances with Tricos-The White Curse DemystifiedIf you are a summertime trout stream fly fisher you will know the scenario about to be described all too well. You get to the stream armed with your favorite hopper or ant pattern. Or maybe a Sulphur/ BWO emerger on a big icy cold tailwater. And as you walk the banks you see little white clouds of vertically dancing bug frenzies along the banks -they are super tiny bugs […]